Foster Care Training and Support
What Can you Expect from KVC Kentucky?
Before and after a child is placed in your home, KVC gives your family the tools and training needed to ease the transition, ensure a positive stay, and help the child adjust to life changes. Pre-Service and continuous training is provided to make sure you have the skills necessary to meet the child’s needs.
Throughout your foster parent experience, we provide in home therapeutic and case management support services. Our Foster Care Clinician Specialists work hand in hand with you and other important people in the child’s life to create an individualized plan with the goal of increasing the child’s well being and helping them during difficult transitions.
Support for Foster Families include:
- 24 hour access to In Home Therapeutic and Case Management Services
- Unparalleled pre-service and continuing education
- Support groups
- Respite Services
- Parents night out!
- Organized Foster Parent and Children Activities and Events
- Annual Foster Care Conference
- Financial Compensation for Children in your care