- About Us
Each year, KVC serves over 12,000 children and families across Kentucky! At KVC Kentucky, there is strong emphasis in the therapeutic implementation of evidence-based therapy, assessments and programs.
- Programs and Services
Our Family Preservation & Reunification Services help strengthen families and keep children safely at home rather than entering out-of-home care. Now offering Telehealth options.
Our foster care program allows you to make a positive difference in a child’s life by opening your home and heart to a child when they need it the most.
Innovative, evidence-based mental and behavioral health services delivered in the home and community of our clients. Now offering Telehealth options.
- Training and Consultation
Thriving Families | Help a Family Overcome Hardship
All families go through difficult times, and KVC Kentucky’s Thriving Families program is an innovative approach at supporting families who are navigating the complexities of caring for youth with mental, emotional and behavioral health needs. Central to the program is the Resource Family who has the opportunity to partner with families in need to care for a child or teen for a short period of time while the youth and their family receive support and resources from caring professionals. This program helps prevent youth from entering out-of-home living arrangements and is focused on working with families to build resilience.
How Does It Work?
When a family is experiencing challenges, you provide temporary care for their child, typically for a month. During this time, a KVC professional visits your home to help the child build skills and resilience. Meanwhile, the child’s family also receives therapeutic services from KVC. By being a Resource Family, you are alleviating a family’s stress by giving them invaluable time to overcome hardships and help them thrive.
By supporting another family during a time of distress, you have the opportunity to enrich a family’s life as well as your own.
We’ll Support You
If you’re interested, KVC Kentucky is here to guide you every step of the way. We will provide you with:
- Free education and skills training before you get started
- At least two visits at your home each week by a KVC professional
- Free ongoing training and support 24/7, 365 days/year
- 24-hour phone support
- Financial reimbursement to meet the child’s needs
Anyone who meets the following guidelines can be a Thriving Families Resource Caregiver:
- Be able to provide a nurturing and supportive home to a child or teen in need
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be either single or married
- Be able to meet basic income guidelines
- Be able to provide adequate bedroom space and a separate bed for each foster child
- Have reliable transportation
- Be willing to complete 30+ hours of free Therapeutic Foster Care Training which includes nine in-person classes and six online classes. This course can be completed online.
- Agree to use non-physical discipline for children
- Be willing for everyone in your household to undergo complete background checks.
Interested in learning more? Click here to speak with a professional.