FPP and Diversion
Family Preservation & Reunification Services is a collaboration between DCBS and KVC Kentucky, funded through the state of Kentucky and federal funding.
Beginning in fiscal year 2012-2013, the Family Preservation Program and Diversion Services (fka Intensive In-Home Services/IIHS) were combined under one state contract. Preservation and reunification services are available to those children who are at risk of out-of-home placement or are reunifying to their long-term placement from foster care or a childcare institution.
KVC provides Family Preservation and Reunification Services in 8 regions across the Commonwealth:
- The Bluegrass Fayette region serves families in Fayette County, with an office in Lexington.
- The Bluegrass Rural region serves families in Boyle, Clark, Estill, Garrard, Jessamine, Lincoln, Madison, Mercer, and Powell Counties, with an office in Richmond.
- The Northern Bluegrass region serves families in Boone, Campbell, Kenton, Carroll, Gallatin, Owen, Grant, Pendleton, Scott, Harrison, Bourbon, and Nicholas Counties, with an office in Florence.
- The Kipda Rural region serves families in Woodford, Henry, Shelby, Spencer, Anderson, Trimble, Bullitt, Oldham, and Franklin Counties, with an office in Shelbyville.
- The Gateway-Buffalo Trace serves families in Bath, Bracken, Fleming, Lewis, Mason, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Robertson, and Rowan counties, with an office in Morehead.
- The FIVCO region serves families in Boyd, Lawrence, Carter, Elliott, and Greenup Counties, with an office in Ashland.
- The Big Sandy serves families in Pike, Floyd, Magoffin, Martin, and Johnson Counties, with an office in Prestonsburg.
- The Kentucky River region serves families Breathitt, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Knott, Perry, Owsley, and Wolfe Counties, with an office in Hazard.
All referrals to Family Preservation and Diversion services are made by DCBS, as eligibility requires the family to have an open case with the Cabinet for Health & Family Services. DCBS workers identify families who meet eligibility criteria including age and income requirements and imminent risk of removal, and refer them to KVC through an identified referral and selection personnel (“gatekeeper”).
Click here to view the KVC Kentucky Family Preservation & Reunification Brochure.