- About Us
KVC Kentucky is a 501(c)3 nonprofit child welfare and behavioral healthcare organization that provides mental and behavioral health services, family preservation and reunification, and other family-related services.
Each year, KVC serves over 12,000 children and families across Kentucky! At KVC Kentucky, there is strong emphasis in the therapeutic implementation of evidence-based therapy, assessments and programs.
- Programs and Services
At KVC, we want every child and adult to be safe & connected to a strong family and a healthy community. We’re proud to be a leader in innovative, effective and compassionate care.
Innovative, evidence-based mental and behavioral health services delivered virtually, in the home and in the communities of our clients.
Clinical services designed to help strengthen families and keep children safely at home or reunify children who have been removed to foster care or other residential treatment settings.
- Training and Consultation
Family First Prevention and Reunification Services
We’re hiring 100+ social workers, case managers, therapists and others for this program! Apply here today.
KVC Kentucky’s Family First Preservation & Reunification Services help to strengthen families and keep children safely at home or reunify children who have been removed to foster care or other residential treatment settings. Family First Preservation and Reunification Services are rooted in the value of and commitment to evidence-based prevention practices.
Our dedicated professionals utilize a range of evidence-based practices designed to meet the unique needs of the children and families we serve. Depending on these unique needs, families receive services like mental health treatment, substance use treatment, help overcoming poverty, and support creating healthy family relationships. These proven practices include Motivational Interviewing, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy, Functional Family Therapy, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and HOMEBUILDERS, with the addition of High Fidelity Wraparound to our programming in 2022.
KVC provides Family Preservation and Reunification Services across the Commonwealth:
- The Southern Bluegrass Region serves families in Fayette County, Boyle, Clark, Estill, Garrard, Jessamine, Lincoln, Madison, Mercer, and Powell Counties.
- The Northern Bluegrass Region serves families in Boone, Campbell, Kenton, Carroll, Gallatin, Owen, Grant, Pendleton, Scott, Harrison, Bourbon, and Nicholas Counties.
- The Salt River Trail Region serves families in Woodford, Henry, Shelby, Spencer, Anderson, Trimble, Bullitt, Oldham, Franklin, Nelson, Washington, Marion, Larue, Hardin, Meade, Breckinridge, and Grayson Counties.
- The Northeastern Region serves families in Bath, Bracken, Fleming, Lewis, Mason, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Robertson, Rowan, Boyd, Lawrence, Carter, Elliott, and Greenup Counties.
- The Eastern Region serves families in Pike, Floyd, Magoffin, Martin, Johnson, Breathitt, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Knott, Perry, Owsley, and Wolfe Counties.
- The Jefferson Region serves families in Jefferson County. (will begin service delivery in 2022)
All referrals to our Family First Preservation and Reunification services are made by DCBS, and require the family to have an open case with the Cabinet for Health & Family Services. Family First Preservation and Reunification Services are a collaboration between DCBS and KVC Kentucky, made possible through state and federal funding.