Behavioral Health Services
Our innovative, evidence-based Behavioral Health Services are delivered in our client’s homes and communities. Services include assessment, diagnosis, and developing plans for care that utilize Evidence Based treatment. Our Board Certified Child Psychiatrist is available to meet with clients in our Lexington office, as well as seven telehealth sites across Kentucky.
How Does it Work?
Our skilled and professional Master’s level therapists and case managers are trained to treat children, adolescents and adults in their natural environment with interventions targeted at their specific needs. At the start of treatment, a clinician will make contact with the patient (and parents if the patient is a minor) to do a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation in order to develop a detailed plan alongside the patient based on the patient’s individual needs. KVC professional staff are trained in a number of industry leading evidence-based practices which will structure the individualized approach given to each patient. Here is a short list of evidence -based practices incorporated on a daily basis at KVC:
• Trauma Focused CBT (TFCBT)
• Motivational Interviewing
• Parent – Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
• Child – Adult Relationship Enhancement (CARE Skills)
• Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
• Nurturing Parenting Program
• Trauma Systems Therapy (TST)
KVC uses a service team approach with each patient to develop a collaborative care plan, which is designed to help children live successfully at home and in the community and adults leverage their support system as much as possible. Team members meet regularly or as frequently as needed to assess progress, develop goals and interventions and put crucial support systems in place.
Our dedicated staff work from eight locations across Central, Eastern, Northeastern and Northern Kentucky to help strengthen the lives of individuals and families each day. Please contact our office for service availability.
Anyone can make a referral for our in-home and community-based Behavioral Health Services and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs including parents, community partners or other organizations. Our referral process is fast and easy!
There are three ways to make a referral:
Important Update on April 17, 2018: KVC’s email is currently down and we are working to restore it as quickly as possible. Please make all referrals by phone: (859) 254-1035. Thank you!
- Call our office at (859) 254-1035 to make an appointment or refer a patient over the phone.
- Download and complete the KVC Referral Form and email it to us at KYReferrals@kvc.org or fax to (859) 254-2075.
- Fill out the form below and click submit. We will contact you within a few hours during normal business hours to retrieve the needed referral info.
Click here to view our KVC Behavioral HealthCare Services Brochure.