It’s that time again! School is out for the summer, which means the kids will be home and asking for things to do. Here are 10 FUN and FREE ideas for keeping the kids entertained this summer without burning a hole in your pocket!
1. Attend Free Friday Flicks at Jacobson Park. Click here to view the 2015 Summer Free Friday Flicks Schedule!
2. Sign up for the “Celebrate Summer” event at The Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning on June 23rd and enjoy a free dinner as well as a free book for every child ages 3-12. Click here to register for the event!
3. Enjoy free events and story times at Joseph-Beth Booksellers. Click here for the summer schedule and for more information!
4. Take the kids out to eat during “Kids Eat Free” nights at local restaurants! For a list of participating restaurants in the Bluegrass, click here.
5. Take your kids age 12 and under to bowl for free at select lanes all summer long! For more information about how to register for free bowling at participating bowling alleys, click here.
6. Enjoy a 30 minute “Mommy and Me” dance class for toddlers at Lexington Dance Factory. Click here to contact Lexington Dance Factory.
7. Listen to live bands, watch the 4th of July parade, and see the fireworks during Lexington’s 4th of July Festival. For the full festival schedule, click here.
9. Register for the one-day Wesley Woodyard Free Football Camp or Cheer Camp for kids ages 7-14. Click here to register.
10. Enjoy the local art scene at the annual Woodland Art Fair in August. For more information, click here.
Do you have suggestions for free activities for children and their families to enjoy during summer break? Find us on Facebook, and let us know how you like to spend your summers on a budget!