Behavioral Health and Substance Use Telehealth Services
KVC Kentucky offers behavioral healthcare and substance use services to children, adults and families. KVC’s provision of Telehealth is to best meet our client’s needs and reduce barriers associated with office-based care. We have recently accelerated our use of Telehealth and extended it to all of our clients in response to the current public health crisis. KVC Kentucky will be providing Telehealth Services to our clients instead of providing services in the home, school and community with the aim of following the guidelines established by the CDC and the recommendations provided by State of Kentucky regarding minimizing risk of exposure and containing the spread of the coronavirus. Telehealth will allow our trained professionals to provide therapeutic services, resources and support anywhere in Kentucky.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of digital information and communication technologies, such as computers and mobile devices, to access health care services remotely and manage your behavioral health care needs.
Wraparound Care Plan
We utilize a service team approach to develop a collaborative care plan that is designed to help children live successfully at home and in the community. Team members meet frequently to assess progress, develop goals and interventions, and put crucial support systems in place.
Services Provided Through Telehealth
- Psychosocial Assessment — Our master’s level clinicians are highly trained in comprehensive assessment techniques in order to develop an accurate analysis of a child’s presenting problems.
- Psychotherapy — Our therapists work with the service team to identify specific evidence based interventions and can provide therapy at a frequency, schedule and location based on the needs of the child.
- Case Management and Comprehensive Community Support — KVC therapists work with parents, family members, primary care physicians and community partners to meet the needs of the child.
- Psychiatry — Our psychiatrist is available to meet with clients as needed.
What do Telehealth Services Mean for Me?
It means that we can conveniently and effectively provide therapy for you in your home.
- No travel time or sitting in waiting rooms.
- Your provider can better understand the opportunities and barriers that you face in your everyday environment.
“Our in-home and community based services empower individuals and families daily to create positive changes in their lives. Always focused on our consumers, we are evolving to best serve Kentucky communities including such innovations as a Walk-In Assessment Clinic, school-based clinics and expanding substance use treatment services.”
President, KVC Kentucky
What You Need to Participate in Telehealth
- Device such as computer, Chromebook, cellphone with camera and Internet access
- Internet to support Telehealth
- Confidential space
- Natural supports to use in case of emergency
- Sessions must be held within State of Kentucky
We understand that life is busy and it can be difficult to get to appointments in an office. KVC Kentucky works to find ways to make services accessible and is excited to offer Telehealth to our clients to eliminate the barriers to accessing needed care and support
How Can I Make a Referral?
- Call our office at (859) 254-1035
- Download and complete the KVC Referral Form and email it to us at KYReferrals@kvc.org or fax to (859) 254-2075.