- About Us
Each year, KVC serves over 12,000 children and families across Kentucky! At KVC Kentucky, there is strong emphasis in the therapeutic implementation of evidence-based therapy, assessments and programs.
- Programs and Services
Our Family Preservation & Reunification Services help strengthen families and keep children safely at home rather than entering out-of-home care. Now offering Telehealth options.
Our foster care program allows you to make a positive difference in a child’s life by opening your home and heart to a child when they need it the most.
Innovative, evidence-based mental and behavioral health services delivered in the home and community of our clients. Now offering Telehealth options.
- Trainings and Consultation
Behavioral Health and Substance Use Telehealth Services
KVC Kentucky offers behavioral healthcare and substance use services to children, adults and families. KVC’s provision of Telehealth is to best meet our client’s needs and reduce barriers associated with office-based care. We have recently accelerated our use of Telehealth and extended it to all of our clients in response to the current public health crisis. KVC Kentucky will be providing Telehealth Services to our clients instead of providing services in the home, school and community with the aim of following the guidelines established by the CDC and the recommendations provided by State of Kentucky regarding minimizing risk of exposure and containing the spread of the coronavirus. Telehealth will allow our trained professionals to provide therapeutic services, resources and support anywhere in Kentucky.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of digital information and communication technologies, such as computers and mobile devices, to access health care services remotely and manage your behavioral health care needs.
Wraparound Care Plan
We utilize a service team approach to develop a collaborative care plan that is designed to help children live successfully at home and in the community. Team members meet frequently to assess progress, develop goals and interventions, and put crucial support systems in place.
Services Provided Through Telehealth
- Assessment: Our master’s level clinicians are highly trained in comprehensive assessment techniques in order to develop an accurate analysis of a child’s presenting problems.
- Therapy: Our therapists work with the service team to identify specific evidence based interventions and can provide therapy at a frequency, schedule and location based on the needs of the child.
- Case Management: KVC case managers work diligently and quickly to find the proper care and provide services, referrals and resource linkages that focus on the needs of the child and family. Case management includes advocacy, resource development, team development, conducting collaborative service team meetings, accessing any needed medical, social, educational or other support services, and coordinating services through inter-agency involvement and collaboration.
- Comprehensive Community Support Services: Our community support associates work with the wraparound team to provide targeted, strengths-based skill-building to support and enhance youth and adults ability to live independently in the community, improve coping strategies to reduce mental health symptoms, and maximize overall functioning and well-being.
- Psychiatry: Our psychiatrist is available to meet with clients to provide consultation, evaluation and medication management as needed.
What do Telehealth Services Mean for Me?
It means that we can conveniently and effectively provide therapy for you in your home.
- No travel time or sitting in waiting rooms.
- Your provider can better understand the opportunities and barriers that you face in your everyday environment.
“Our in-home and community based services empower individuals and families daily to create positive changes in their lives. Always focused on our consumers, we are evolving to best serve Kentucky communities including such innovations as a Walk-In Assessment Clinic, school-based clinics and expanding substance use treatment services.”
President, KVC Kentucky
What You Need to Participate in Telehealth
- Device such as computer, Chromebook, cellphone with camera and Internet access
- Internet to support Telehealth
- Confidential space
- Natural supports to use in case of emergency
- Sessions must be held within State of Kentucky
We understand that life is busy and it can be difficult to get to appointments in an office. KVC Kentucky works to find ways to make services accessible and is excited to offer Telehealth to our clients to eliminate the barriers to accessing needed care and support